Breast imaging – Breast ultrasound – Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures – Advantages
The key advantages of doing ultrasound-guided intervention are as follows:
- Ultrasound carries no risk of ionizing radiation.
- No breast compression is needed so patient discomfort is minimized.
- The ultrasound-guided procedure is done with the patient in supine or lateral decubitus position.
- Ultrasound is a real-time procedure and it is easy to assess a lesion in any location in the breast.
- Intravenous contrast media are not needed so there is no risk of contrast reactions.
- No premedication is indicated and no antibiotics are required.
Click on the pictures to magnify and display the legends
Click on this icon to display a case study
IARC, 150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon CEDEX 08, France - Tel: +33 (0)4 72 73 84 85 - Fax: +33 (0)4 72 73 85 75
© IARC 2023 - All Rights Reserved