Breast imaging – Mammography technique – Mammography procedure – Obtaining mammographic images – Left MLO view
Steps to obtain the left MLO view
- Adjust the angle of the mammography unit gantry to 45 degrees so that the plane of the detector is parallel to the left pectoralis muscle.
- Place the image receptor in the detector.
- Place a lead identification marker “LMLO” on the breast support in the region of the upper axillary portion of the left breast.
- Repeat the procedure followed for the right MLO view.
- Remove the image receptor from the detector and send it to the computed radiography system for post-processing of the latent image.
Click on the pictures to magnify and display the legends
Click on this icon to display a case study
IARC, 150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon CEDEX 08, France - Tel: +33 (0)4 72 73 84 85 - Fax: +33 (0)4 72 73 85 75
© IARC 2023 - All Rights Reserved