Role of Lugolís iodine in identifying the transformation zone for treatment Ė Preparation of 5% Lugolís iodine
Ingredients required for preparation of 100 mL of 5% Lugolís iodine:
Apparatus and consumables required:
- Potassium iodide: 10 g
- Distilled water: 100 mL
- Iodine crystals: 5 g
- Electronic top-loading balance
- Measuring cylinder
- Glass beaker
- Glass stirrer
- Filter paper
- Amber-coloured glass bottle
- Laboratory apron
- Dissolve 10 g of potassium iodide in 100 mL of distilled water by stirring with the glass stirrer.
- Slowly add 5 g of iodine crystals, while stirring.
- Filter and store in an amber-coloured bottle.
5% Lugolís iodine solution prepared on dd/mm/yyyy
At least 1 month in a dark-coloured bottle
Click on the pictures to magnify and display the legends
IARC, 150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon CEDEX 08, France - Tel: +33 (0)4 72 73 84 85 - Fax: +33 (0)4 72 73 85 75
© IARC 2021 - All Rights Reserved