The atlas of visual inspection of the cervix with acetic acid for screening, triage, and assessment for treatment
as an online resource was made possible by the contributions and active support of many individuals.
To begin with, we acknowledge the contributions of the faculty and staff of the Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI), India. We particularly thank Dr Ranajit Mandal
, Dr Dipanwita Banerjee
, Dr Manisha Vernekar
and Dr Mitali Sengupta
of CNCI. We are indebted to the excellent team of health workers and social workers who assisted us in collecting and processing the images. We particularly mention Ms Rakiba Begum
, Ms Kabita Mitra
, Ms Mithu Guha
, Ms Shila Maity
, Ms Monalisa Chitrakar
, Ms Masmooda Khatun
and Mr Babu Raul
We gratefully acknowledge Dr Sylla Malvi
and Ms Aruna Chiwate
from the Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Hospital, Barshi, India, for some of the images, especially the cytology images. We are thankful to Dr Smita Joshi
, Ms Payal Vilas Kayanoe
and Ms Trupti Santosh Dharpawar
from Prayas, Pune, India, Dr Nisha Singh
, King George Medical College, Lucknow, India, and Dr Joel Bertrand Fokom Domgue
from the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services, Womenís Health Program for the additional pictures of cases and field activities.
We thank all the reviewers for their essential and constructive feedback on this voluminous work.
- Professor Neerja Bathla, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Dr Mike Chirenje, University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences Clinical Trials Research Centre, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Professor Namory Keita, CHU Donka, Conakry University, Guinea
- Professor Ashrafun Nessa, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Shahbag, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Dr Usha Rani Poli, Indian Institute of Public Health-Hyderabad and Public Health Foundation of India, Hyderabad, India
- Dr Rengaswamy Sankaranarayanan, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
We are indebted to Dr Elisabete Weiderpass
, Director of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), for her constant encouragement and support to the project.
We could not have achieved such a high-quality finished product without assistance from Ms Krittika Guinot
of the IARC Screening Group. We gratefully acknowledge the contributions and valuable suggestions made by Dr Karen MŁller
of the IARC Communications Group.
We acknowledge the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
for supporting Dr Srabani Mittal to complete part of this work at IARC through the International Cancer Research Technology Transfer (ICRETT) Fellowship. Click to return to the atlas