The Atlas of Colposcopy – Principles and Practice
as an online resource was made possible by the contributions and active support of many individuals. To begin with, we acknowledge the contributions of the faculty and staff of the Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI), India. We particularly thank Dr Ranajit Mandal, Dr Srabani Mittal, Dr Dipannwita Banerjee, Dr Pradip Das, Dr Simi Chatterjee, and Dr Mitali Sengupta of CNCI. Most of the images and the videos were captured when the procedures were performed on women referred from the Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control Initiative (CPCI) project of CNCI. We are indebted to the excellent team of health workers, social workers, and laboratory technicians who assisted us in collecting and processing the images. We particularly mention Ms Rakiba Begum, Ms Anushree Ghata, Ms Kabita Mitra, Ms Mithu Guha, Ms Shila Maity, Mr Babu Raul, and Mr Arup Dutta. We are indebted to Professor Jaydip Biswas, Director of CNCI, for his support and encouragement.
We are thankful to Dr Chinmayi Ray and Dr Ishita Ghosh for reviewing all the histopathology slides. We gratefully acknowledge Professor Dr Radhika Srinivasan of the Department of Cytology and Gynecologic Pathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), India, for providing some of the histopathology slides.
We thank all the reviewers for their essential and constructive feedback on this voluminous work.
- Dr Neerja Bathla, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Dr Quek Swee Chong, Parkway Gynaecology Screening & Treatment Centre, Singapore
- Dr Lynette Denny, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr Smita Joshi, Jehangir Clinical Development Centre (JCDC), Pune, India
- Professor Namory Keita, CHU Donka, Conakry University, Guinea
- Dr Paulo Naud, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Dr Walter Prendiville, IFCPC, USA
- Dr Mona Saraiya, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), USA
- Dr Pat Soutter, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Dr Jeffrey Tan, Royal Women's Hospital, Victoria, Australia
- Dr Diama Vale, Post doc IARC Screening Group
- Dr Laura Viens, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), USA
We are indebted to Dr Christopher P. Wild, Director of IARC, for his constant encouragement and support to the project.
We could not have achieved such a high-quality finished product without assistance from Ms Sandrine Montigny, Ms Evelyn Bayle, and Ms Krittika Guinot of the Screening Group of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). We gratefully acknowledge the contributions and valuable suggestions made by Dr Karen Müller of the IARC Communications Group.
We acknowledge the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) for supporting Dr Partha Basu to complete part of this work at IARC through the International Cancer Research Technology Transfer (ICRETT) Fellowship.