Home / Training / Manuals / Colposcopy and treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a beginners’ manual / Acknowledgments
Colposcopy and treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a beginners’ manual, Edited by J.W. Sellors and R. Sankaranarayanan
Filter by language: English / Français / Español / Portugues / 中文
The authors gratefully acknowledge the following colleagues who readily agreed to review a draft version of this manual, in spite of short notice, and who provided useful suggestions, advice for revision and encouragement. The manual has greatly benefited from their input. Nevertheless, the sole responsibility for the content remains the authors’ and we wish to impress the fact that the recommendations in this manual have been made based on what we think is feasible and effective in low-resource settings:
- Dr Parthasarathy Basu, Gynaecological Oncology, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Calcutta, India
- Dr Jerome Belinson, Gynecologic Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- Dr Neerja Bhatla, Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Dr Paul D. Blumenthal, Director, Contraceptive Research and Programs, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Associate Professor, Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Dr Nagindra Das, Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Northern Gynaecology Oncology Centre, Gateshead, England
- Dr Lynette Denny, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr Amadou Dolo, Chef de Service Gynécologie-Obstetrique, Hôpital Gabriel Touré, Bamako, Mali
- Dr Laurie Elit, Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Dr Alex Ferenczy, Professor of Pathology and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
- Dr Daron Ferris, Director, Student Health Service, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine Medical College of Georgia, Student Health Center, Augusta, GA, USA
- Dr Bernard Fontaniere, Professor of Cytology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
- Dr Silvia Franceschi, Chief of the Unit of Field Intervention Studies, IARC, Lyon, France
- Dr L. Frappart, Laboratoire d’Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
- Dr K. Geethanjali Amin, Department of Preventive Oncology, Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai, India
- Dr José Jeronimo Guibovich, Ginecologia Oncologia, Patalogia Mamaria, Colposcopia, Instituto de Enfermedades Neoplasicas, Lima, Peru
- Dr Robert D. Hilgers, Executive Director, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, Louiseville KY, USA.
- Dr Martha Jacob, EngenderHealth, New York, NY, USA
- Dr Namory Keita, Chef de Service de Gynécologie/Obstétrique, Université de Conakry, CHU Donka, Conakry, Guinée
- Dr Peter H. Kilmarx, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
- Dr Suphannee Koonsaeng, Gynecologic Oncology Unit, National Cancer Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
- Dr R. Lambert, Unit of Descriptive Epidemiology, IARC, Lyon, France
- Dr Jean Liaras, Caluire, Lyon, France
- Dr Pisake Lumbiganon, Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Dr Monique Marien, Deptartment of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
- Dr Patrice Mathevet, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
- Dr Paulo Naud, Co-ordinator, Programme on Detection of Precursor Lesions of Cervical Cancer and HPV Infection, Porte Alegre, RS - Brazil
- Dr B.M. Nene, Chairman, Tata Memorial Centre Rural Cancer Project, Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Hospital, Agalgaon Road, Barshi District - Solapur, Maharashtra, India
- Dr D. Maxwell Parkin, Chief of the Unit of Descriptive Epidemiology, IARC, Lyon, France
- Dr R. Rajeswarkar, Tata Memorial Centre Rural Cancer Project, Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Hospital, Agalgaon Road, Barshi, District - Solapur, Maharashtra, India
- Dr R. Rajkumar, Christian Fellowship Community Health Centre, Ambillikai, Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu, India
- Dr Ralph Richart, Obstetrical and Gynaecological Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Colombia University, New York, NY, USA
- Dr Jose Antonio Ruiz Moreno, Department of Obstetrics and Gyneacology, Central Military Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
- Dr Carlos L. Santos, Chairman Gynecologic Oncology Department, Insitituto de Enfermedades Neoplasicas, Lima, Peru
- Dr Paul Sebastian, Chief of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India
- Dr Aarati Shah, Director, Bhaktapur Cancer Care Centre, Bhaktapur, Nepal
- Dr Thara Somanathan, Assistant Professor of Pathology, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India
- Mr Pat Soutter, Reader in Gynaecological Oncology, Hammersmith Queen Charlotte’s Hospital, London, England
- Dr Sudha S. Sundar, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, England
- Dr Ramani Wesley, Associate Professor of Community Oncology, Regional Cancer Center, Medical College Campus, Trivandrum, Kerala State, India
- Dr Thomas C. Wright Jr, Associate Professor of Pathology, Director, Obstetrical and Gynaecological Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Colombia University, New York, NY, USA
Finally, the authors are very grateful to all the students of the training courses where this manual was used, for their helpful suggestions.
The authors are grateful to the following colleagues for permission to reproduce photographs and diagrams:
- Mr. Pat Soutter, Reader in Gynaecological Oncology, Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom, for Figure 1.10 b (From: Soutter P. Practical Colposcopy .Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1993).
- Dr Alex Ferenczy, Professor of Pathology and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal (Quebec), Canada, for Figures 13.4, 13.6 and 13.7 (From: ThomasC. Wright, Ralph M. Richart, Alex Ferenczy. Electrosurgery for HPV-related Diseases of the Lower Genital Tract. Arthur and BioVision, Inc, New City, New York, USA and Anjou, Quebec, Canada, 1992).
- Ms. Marylene Riopille, Publisher, Biomedical Communications, 3609 Cason Street, Houston, TX 77005, USA, for Figures 6.2, 7.2a, 8.5 (From: V. Cecil Wright, Gordon M. Lickrish, R. Michael Shier. Basic and Advanced Colposcopy. Second Edition, Biomedical Comminications, Houston, 1995).
- Mr J.A. Jordan, President of the European Federation of Colposcopy & Pathology of the Lower Genital Tract, Consultant Gynaecologist, Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Birmingham, UK for Figures 1.4, 6.2, 7.3, (From: M.C. Anderson, J.A. Jordan, A.R. Morse, F. Sharp, A Stafl. Integrated Colposcopy. Second Edition. Chapman Hall Medical, London and New York. 1996).
- Dr Paul Blumenthal, Director, Contraceptive Research and Programs, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, USA for Figure 12.5 (From: N. McIntosh, P. Blumenthal, A. Blouse. Cervical Cancer Prevention guidelines for low-resource settings. JHPIEGO Corporation, Baltimore, Global Draft 2000).
The authors are also very much indebted to the following colleagues for their valuable, tireless, patient and perseverant contribution in the preparation of this manual, without which we would have found the task much more difficult:
- Dr John Cheney, IARC, Lyon, France, who undertook the task of editing this manual;
- Mrs Evelyn Bayle, IARC, Lyon, France, who undertook the preliminary editing and typing of the several draft versions of this manual;
- Ms Krittika Pitaksaringkarn, IARC, Lyon, France, who helped in the imaging of the diagrams;
- Mrs Lakshmi Sankaranarayanan, Lyon, France, who helped with the line drawings of illustrations.