The authors gratefully acknowledge the following colleagues who reviewed draft versions of this manual and provided useful suggestions and advice for revision:
- Dr Geetanjali Amin, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Dr Parthasarathi Basu, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India
- Dr Martha Jacob, EngenderHealth, New York, NY, USA
- Dr JosÚ Jeronimo Guibovich, Ginecologia Oncologia, Patalogia Mamaria, Colposcopia, Instituto de Enfermedades Neoplasicas, Peru
- Dr B.M. Nene, Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Hospital, Barshi, India
- Dr R. Rajkumar, Christian Fellowship Community Health Centre, Ambillikai, India
- Dr John Sellors, Program for Appropriate Technology in Health, Seattle, WA, USA
- Dr Sudha S. Sundar, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
The authors are much indebted to the following colleagues for their valuable and tireless contribution in the preparation of this manual:
- Dr John Cheney, IARC, Lyon, France, who undertook the task of editing this manual;
- Mrs Evelyn Bayle, IARC, Lyon, France, who carried out the preliminary editing and typing of the several draft versions of this manual;
- Ms Krittika Pitaksaringkarn, IARC, Lyon, France, who helped in the preparation of the diagrams;
- Mrs Lakshmi Sankaranarayanan, Lyon, France, who helped with the line drawings.
The authors are grateful to all the students at the training courses where this manual was used, for their helpful suggestions.