|PIs from collaborating institutions:|
- Antonio Ponti, Carlo Senore, Guglielmo Ronco, Nereo Segnan, CPO, Italy
- Ahti Antilla, CSF, Mass Screening Registry, Finland
- Representatives from EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
- More than 100 experts from the 28 Member States contributed to the preparation of the report.
- Qualitative data (nature and organization of the programme, protocol of screening and diagnosis, mode of invitation and recall, quality assurance practices, etc.) were collected through online questionnaires completed by the country data providers. The data providers were requested to provide the most up-to-date information as of July 2016.
- Performance data (screening rate, coverage by invitation/examination, participation rate, and other indicators) were collected for the index year 2013 for countries having population-based programmes using structured data tables. The completeness of data collection across the screening and diagnosis processes was estimated.
- Analysed data and the draft report were shared with the data providers and the scientific committee for review and validation.