Home / About SCR / Collaborators and partners / Biographical sketch
Dr Wesley Ramani
Regional Cancer Center (RCC)
Community oncology, RCC, Medical college, P.O. Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Community oncology (preventive oncology)
B.Sc, MBBS, DPH(Diploma in Public Health), MD in Community Medicine
SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES MEMBERSHIP
- Wesley RS, Ramankutty V, Mathew B, Sankaranarayanan R, Nair M K. Comparison of two strategies of oral cancer screening – an economic approach, Health policy and planning, 1992.
- Sankaranarayanan R. et al. Test characteristics of visual inspection with 4% acetic acid (VIA) and Lugol's iodine (VILI) in cervical cancer screening for Kerala, India. Int J Cancer. 2003 Sep 1;106(3):404-8.
- Sankaranarayanan R. et al. Visual inspection as a screening test for cervical cancer control in developing countries. In: New developments in cervical cancer screening and prevention. Blackwell Science, Oxford, 1997, pp. 411-421.
- Muwonge R et al. Assessing the gain in diagnostic performance when two visual inspection methods are combined for cervical cancer prevention. J Med Screen. 2007;14(3):144-50.
- Sankaranarayanan R, Wesley RS (Eds). A practical manual on visual screening of cervical neoplasia. World Health Organisation – International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) publication (41) in English, 2002.
- Cancer Foundation;
- Indian Science Congress, International Union for Health Education, Kerala Life Science Chapter;
- UICC International Union against Cancer
1. Appreciation award by RCA (anti-tobacco activities).
2. Appreciation award by Sarada Society (cancer control), 2002.
3. Appreciation award by RCA (WHO world no-tobacco month), 2003
CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROJECTS
|India - Trivandrum (2:35)|
IARC project in Trivandrum, Kerala, India
To see the diaporama click on the following link:
fast internet / low internet